Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Cost-effective system scaling to increase system bandwidth
- Decreases power consumption and device form factors
- Ideal solution for mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) applications
InFO Packaging Technology with Cadence Implementation Technology
Integrated design flow using Cadence IC-level and package design tools to provide a seamless flow with enhanced features for InFo technology, reducing overall design turnaround time
Cadence is enabling the successful broad deployment of TSMC’s Integrated Fan-Out (InFO) packaging technology using:
- Cadence? Physical Verification System (PVS)
- Cadence System-in-Package (SiP)
- SiP Layout Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Package (WLCSP) Option
- Sigrity? IC package analysis and 3D modeling
- Voltus? IC Power Integrity Solution
What is InFO technology?
TSMC’s InFO technology is a fan-out, single, multi-die, or PoP (package-on-package) wafer-level chip-scale packaging technology that provides lower thermal resistance, excellent RF material properties, and extremely thin-layer thicknesses to meet the demands of customers who need thin devices or device stacks, optimized performance, and lower cost for mobile computing products.
What makes InFO technology different from a designer’s perspective?
- Tightly controlled, localized metal density to provide a very, very thin package substrate
- TSMC leverages their IC artwork expertise, toolset, and flow to manufacture these devices
To enable the TSMC customer to meet these requirements, Cadence now provides these new and updated capabilities:
- In the SiP IC packaging layout tool, we added tools to allow you to scan, assess, and modify the localized metal density on each layer of the design to meet the stringent density requirements for InFO technology
- Enabled tighter integration between the IC packaging design tools and signoff PVS DRC/LVS to shorten the design cycle time
- Cell-level power integrity tool that supports comprehensive electromigration and IR-drop (EM/IR) design rules and requirements while providing full-chip system-on-chip (SoC) power signoff accuracy
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview