Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Provides common library and design data interface for all members of the design team
- Expands access and visibility into component information, design data, and tools
- Simplifies part selection with parametric component browsing
- TüV SüD “Fit for Purpose – TCL1” certified to meet ISO 26262 automotive functional safety requirements
The Cadence? Allegro? EDM (Engineering Data Management) family of products combines library management, design data management, design process control, and design tool integration in a collaborative work environment.
Valuable in workgroup environments, Allegro EDM significantly improves productivity while reducing costly mistakes that are often introduced due to a lack of a unified environment. Common access to component information and preferred parts libraries speeds component selection and eliminates errors due to flawed, obsolete, or non-preferred parts. Allegro EDM provides a uniform user interface that enables development of a company-defined design methodology. It ensures that all project members follow the same process, and reduces training and support costs.
Incorporating design data management allows designers and design teams to work in parallel—with significant savings in the schedule—thanks to data vaulting and version control. Non-CAD users benefit from access to current design documents and view-and-mark-up technology that enable them to return comments directly to the design owners.
Automotive TCL1 Certified for ISO 26262
The industry’s first PCB design and verification flow to achieve “Fit for Purpose - Tool Confidence Level 1 (TCL1)” certification enables you to meet stringent ISO 26262 automotive safety requirements. The flow includes everything from design authoring to simulation to physical realization and verification using the PSpice?, Allegro, and OrCAD? product suites. The high-performance design entry, simulation, and layout editing tools provide an integrated environment for design engineers to validate the safety specifications against individual circuit specifications for design confidence. For information on the safety manuals, Tool Confidence Analysis (TCA) documents, and compliance reports from TüV SüD, download the Functional Safety Documentation Kits through Cadence Online Support.
- Eliminates redundant component entry and input errors
- Reduces number of engineering change orders (ECOs) from divergent or out-of-date libraries
- Notifies engineers automatically of changes to standard parts in active/archived designs
- Controls parts lists for volume purchasing and regulatory compliance
- Maintains history of design changes to simplify ECO resolution
- Provides review notification and mark-up access to non-CAD user
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview